The name of this week's mixtape? Summertime. There can be no question about it, we are right in the midst of my favorite season. The days of having summer break are long behind me, but at least as a grown up, I can enjoy long summer nights & weekends. Here's my musical ode to just that.
The eclectic mish-mash of songs start out with gloriously and unashamedly epic dance beats before descending into a bit of nostalgia brought on by hot weather. As the mix moves on, it gets a bit darker, a bit cooler, like the long summer evenings tend to do. So start out wearing your micro-shorts and flip flops, have a lil dance, and then wrap up warm and cozy around a nice bonfire. The summer only lasts so long, take advantage while you can.
And yes... I've included a song by my own band, but I'm allowed to do that, cuz it's my mixtape. Ha!
Listen now in the player below:
or... right-click here to download the enhanced .m4a podcast. If you're one of those mp3 types, you can visit the sister site, all about the mp3s: loveactionmixtape.blogspot.com
Song included are:
1. Pieces of You (Baby Monster remix) - Wolf Gang
2. True Stories - Datarock
3. Pass The Hatchet - Roger & The Gypsies
4. Shake Your Coconuts - Junior Senior
5. Summertime - DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince
6. A Rollerskating Jam Named Saturdays - De La Soul
7. Look Good In Leather - Cody ChestnuTT
8. I Love You - Esser
9. Bad Boyfriend - Talulah Does The Hula
10. Spooky - Dusty Springfield
8 out of ten track are available for purchase on iTunes below, but those that weren't on iTunes were: Wolf Gang (a FREE download!) and De La Soul (not free & not a download!)