As mentioned last week, I was recently on holiday, which included a five-day jaunt to Sin City... hence this week's mix: Viva Las Vegas!
Now I'll admit, I'm not much of a fan of the Vegas of today, but I love the idea of vintage Vegas; that classy sleaze, the tuxedo-&-diamond-wearing crowd pulling up to the valet in their giant Caddies complete with tail fins. Bunny girls serving cocktails, crooners walking through the crowd with tiny gold mics...
So in that vein, this mix is in honor of the old Vegas, mostly vintage, full of cheesy horns and of course, Elvis. Think of this mix as my very own Neon Boneyard... Enjoy!
Download the m4a complete with chapters & artwork
Or listen straight away to the mix here:
Friday Mixtape #27 - Viva Las Vegas by jessieloveaction
Included in the mix this week:
1. Herb Alpert & Tijuana Brass - Casino Royale
2. Music to Watch Girls By - Andy Williams
3. Amy Winehouse - Rehab (Desert Eagles Remix)
4. Elvis Presley - Rubberneckin'
5. Don Armando's 2nd Avenue Rhumba Band - Deputy of Love
6. Neon Neon - I Lust You
7. Calvin Harris vs. Lykke Li - Time Flies in Vegas (TeeReev mix)
8. Rosemary Clooney - Come On a My House
9. The Champs - Tequila
10. Link Wray - Rumble
11. Deano & The Rat Pack - You're Nobody Till Somebody Loves You