This week, due to life's usual way of getting in the way, Friday's mixtape became a "weekend mixtape". So I decided to give my mix a theme of something some of you might be likely to do at the weekend... exercise. Well, speaking for myself I've been in training for the Great Ireland Run which takes place in April.
This mix is designed to be the perfect upbeat driving accompaniment to any type of workout; whether it's an exercise kind of workout, or a workout on your dancing shoes. I'd say it's particularly good for spinning as the speeds change from double time to halftime, but my plan is to use it while running, or even to time myself in the gym. It's exactly an hour, with a five minute cool down & stretch at the end. Oooh wee!
So if you feel like sweating it out... or just pretending to, give this mix a listen.
Click here to download the m4a
Or listen straight away by streaming in the player below:
Weekend Mixtape #43 - The Get Go by jessieloveaction
By the way, you can sponsor me to raise funds for the Marie Keating Foundation... please contact me if you want more info.
The workout mixtape includes:
1. LCD Soundsystem - Someone Great
2. Man Parrish - Heatstroke
3. Roxy Music - Same Old Scene (Glimmers Remix)
4. Classixx - I'll Get You (Ft. Jeppe)
5. Marina and the Diamonds - Hollywood (Monarchy Gliese Remix)
6. Chromeo - Night by Night (Siriusmo Remix)
7. Phoenix - Fences (Friendly Fires Remix)
8. New Young Pony Club - The Get Go
9. Ladyhawke - Another Runaway
10. Kraftwerk - Tour De France
11. Devo - Whip It
12. A Certain Ratio - Do The Du
13. Lali Puna - Grin and Bear
14. Michael Sembello - Maniac
15. Erasure - Stop!
16. Morrissey - You're The One For Me Fatty
17. Nouvelle Vague - I Melt With You
18. The Smiths - Stretch Out And Wait