Friday, May 1, 2009

Friday Mixtape #3 - Cool For Cats

Happy May Day! This here is the number three Love Action Friday Mixtape!

This week's selection of tracks are quite an eclectic mix, from the mellow cocktail-hip-hop mix with a bit of indie and dance with a little dollop of the synth rock of the 70s & 80s and a 60s French heartbreaker for good measure.

On a more personal note, a few of the songs are quite near and dear to me as they were created by some of my favorite people whom I don't get to see far enough of. The first track, Nocturnal, is a mix by my very own little brother, D.T.Dubbs. Michael Garafalo, of Latitude/Longitude, covers Wire's 'The 15th'. Mike is a really good mate and former band colleague from back in my New York days. 'A Wedding' was written by Dan Fetherston of the Oxford Collapse, who I spent the ages of 19 to 22 intensely attached to, and I still consider a close friend.

Listen here:
Friday Mixtape #3- Cool For Cats by jessieloveaction


You can also download the fancy schmancy .m4a by clicking here!
Or you can always download the plain aul mp3 version at this address: loveactionmixtape.blogspot.com

I hope you enjoy the mix - and of course please feel free to contact me with any suggestions, fan or hate mail.

Tracks included are:
1. Nocturnal - D.T.Dubbs
2. Mathematics - Little Boots
3. Right With You - Pink Grease
4. Cool For Cats - Squeeze
5. Inaugural Trams - Super Furry Animals
6. The 15th - Michael Garofalo
7. I Can't Stand It - The Velvet Underground
8. Good Times Roll - The Cars
9. Ce Soir Je M'en Vais - Jacqueline Taïeb
10. A Wedding - Oxford Collapse

As mentioned above, a few of the tracks on the mix were self-produced by friends and aren't available on iTunes. I did try, however, to bring you something a bit close to the mix. D.T. Dubbs sampled Esquivel's 'Harlem Nocturne', and there's a link to Wire's 'The 15th' which was covered by Michael Garofalo. Pink Grease's album Mechanical Heart was never released but there are a few limited copies available from this website: http://www.sheffieldvision.com/pgdvd.html

till next week
xoxojessie

No comments:

Post a Comment