Continuing on my theme of music which evokes feeling of a place, this week I'm dedicating my mix to my parents who upped sticks to return to live and work on the Navajo Reservation in Arizona.
The mix is big and expansive like the American desert skies. It's mellow, but rolls on into the distance. Driving music for endless highways.
As a young couple in their 20s during the 1970s my parents lived in Many Farms near Canyon de Chelly - now, (in their 60s) they're living in Red Mesa near the four corners. It sounds like they're having quite an adventure living and re-learning about the desert and making the best out of a strange situation.
Download the mix in m4a format
Or listen straight away in the player below:
Friday Mixtape #23 - The Res by jessieloveaction
Don't forget, that you can subscribe to the mixtape via iTunes where it'll be downloaded to your player automatically each week. Alternatively if you prefer to subscribe or download the mp3 version of the mixtape, you can do so at loveactionmixtape.blogspot.com
Tracks included are:
1. Demon Days - Gorillaz
2. Little Fluffy Clouds - The Orb
3. Missing - Everything But The Girl
4. M62 Song - Doves
5. Make Your Mind Up - Chairlift
6. Peeping Tom - Slaughterbrains
7. Lower Your Eyelids to Die with the Sun - M83
8. Higher Than The Sun - Primal Scream
9. Lord - Sleepy Sun
10. Wild Horses - Rolling Stones
11. Master & Servant - Nouvelle Vague
12. Don't Bogart Me - Fraternity Of Man
Again, I'm still having trouble creating purchase links using iTunes, so I'll try and find an alternative soon.