Friday, January 8, 2010

Friday Mixtape #35 - Love Action's Best of 2009

First post of the new year and it's a bit belated as far as the rest of the "New Year" lists go, but I allowed myself a nice holiday break from the mixtape for a week, so apologies if you're listed out.

This is a first for the mixtape - as every song included has already been featured before - but you see, that's my theme.

Download the enhanced m4a version to keep for your very own, or listen straight away in the player below


When I started putting together these mixtapes back in April, I didn't realize how much of an undertaking it would be. It is hugely time consuming, and sometimes I'm just not feeling any of my music enough to get inspired, forcing me to actively seek out new music at a rate which I've never done before.

I've listened to some amazing bands this year, and for that, I thank my lil mixtape. My only worry sometimes was that the rate in which I was consuming music was becoming overwhelming, whereas in years past I would listen to some key tracks over and over and over, I found some of the music I was listening to was becoming disposable - a depressing thought as a musician. I would listen, love, and then simply forget.

So what I decided to do was put together a mixtape of songs I might have NEVER come across if it weren't for the fact I was putting together a mixtape! Pretty much every single one is from the past year, so it seemed quite appropriate to call it my Love Action Best-Of 2009. There were loads of others I loved that didn't quite make it in, but considering over the last 34 mixtapes I used something around 360 tracks, and probably 355 bands... well, it was easy to miss a few.

I also feel like I need to give a big thank you to some of the main sources I use to discover new music - and most of them also offer free tracks to download - so thank you to Nialler9, WinnieCooper, State.ie, NME DailyDownload & of course HypeMachine.

Enjoy! And please let me know if you had any favorite mix tracks over the last year.
x Jessie

Without further A do, Love Action's Best of 2009 is:
1. The Virgins - Rich Girls (Twelves Mix)
2. Mystery Jets - Young Love (The Shoes Remix)
3. Kleerup - On My Own Again
4. Koko Von Napoo - Polly (Chateau Marmont Remix)
5. Wolf Gang - Pieces Of You (Baby Monster remix)
6. Julian Casablancas - 11th Dimension
7. Jinder - Youth Blood
8. Passion Pit - Better Things
9. Midnight Juggernauts - This New Technology
10. Mirrors - Hide & Seek
11. Cate Le Bon - Hollow Trees House Hounds
12. Kimouts - Sometimes (The Diogenes Club Remix)
13. Phoenix - Lisztomania (Classixx Remix)
14. Marina & The Diamonds - I Am Not A Robot (the Aspirins for My Children Remix)
15. Air France - Beach Party

No comments:

Post a Comment